Tin Roof

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Testimony Tuesday- A prophet of God

I had the opportunity last weekend to be part of an MTC Choir that sang in the Priesthood Session of General Conference. It was a really special experience for me, and probably something I won't get the chance to do many more times in my life. The sweetest part of that trip though was the chance I had to hear President Thomas S. Monson speak. I can tell you that watching him on TV is a great experience, and that you can feel the Spirit as you watch. But there is also something special and powerful about seeing him in person. I testify that He is a prophet. He is the 16th prophet since the reorganization of Christ's Church to the earth in 1830. Find out for yourself! :) Go watch him speak. Pray about it. I know he is a prophet. You can know it too. Just in case you can't find one of his conference addresses for yourself, here is the one from Priesthood Session that impressed me. :)

2 comments:

  1. I loved this talk from conference! It was my favorite, because it encouraged and helped me with things that I deal with in my own personal life. It is soooo easy to make choices that you think will be OK just one time. But before you know it... you turn around and wonder how you got so far off the path. I am so glad God has called a living prophet today, that can help guide us. I didn't know about him before learning about this church! I still make detours, but now I am able to recognize them a lot quicker, and can get back to where I need to be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. There is something extra special about being in the same room with the Prophet and hearing him speak. Glad you had the chance to sing in the choir.

    ReplyDelete