Tin Roof

Thursday, October 21, 2010

I hope I can be hopeful!

During my Friday Free Day "Requests" post Trudi asked a question regarding hope and my favorite scripture that talks about that. One thing that I feel I have been blessed with in my life is hope. I say this not to brag, but to express thanks to my Heavenly Father, in a public setting, for one of the blessings that I see God giving me in my life. I believe that hope comes of faith, and faith in things like God and Jesus Christ is something that I've always been able to have in my life and such faith is able to give me hope. I'm reminded of a scripture in the book of Ether, from the Book of Mormon, "Wherefore, whoso believeth in God might with surety hope for a better world, yea, even a place at the right hand of God, which hope cometh of faith, maketh an anchor to the souls of men, which would make them sure and steadfast, always abounding in good works, being led to glorify God."- Ether 12:4

One scripture that was recently mentioned by blogger Tiffany is in 3rd Nephi from the Book of Mormon. She says, " I love reading in 3 Nephi about when Christ comes to visit the Americas. After reading about all the wars and contentions, (in Alma specifically) and still more wars, then you read about the destruction of the earth and the darkness for days etc, it's so refreshing and peaceful to read about Christ coming after He was resurrected. He teaches, He blesses the little children, He lets people feel the nail prints in His hands, and it's lovely to read. All of those chapters give me hope."

I know that because of the sacrifice of Jesus Christ we can hope for things to come, both in this life or in the eternal scheme of things. I'm really excited to see everybody's answers to questions on my blog as well! Any other ideas or topics that people would like to discuss? I would love to hear about them!!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you Elder LeeMaster! I loved this! Thank you for answering my question! Having hope gives me so much joy in my life! :)I am looking forward to your next blog post! :)

    ReplyDelete