Tin Roof

Friday, October 1, 2010

Elder Thompson's Last Day

Part of missionary life is the constant change. For good or for bad, missionaries really never can plan for the next 6 months, because who knows what will have changed! One of those changes that happened today is Elder Thompson reaching the end of his mission. He served faithfully in 2 different missions; First in San Antonio, Texas and then here in the Referral Center. He was an example of faith and dedication. He bore a testimony today to all of us that He knew that God lives, and that He loves each of us, and that this is His work. I echo that testimony that I know that God lives, and this IS His work, "For behold, this is my work and my glory- to bring to pass the immortality and eternal life of man."- Moses 1:39

E. Thompson's motivational scripture reminds me of my duty and privilege as a missionary: "Shall we not go on in so great a cause? Go forward and not backward. Courage, brethren; and on, on to the victory! Let your hearts rejoice, and be exceedingly glad..."-D&C 128: 22

No comments:

Post a Comment