Tin Roof

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Testimony Tuesday- My belief in the Book of Mormon

The last few weeks I've cheated and shared the testimonies of others... But I figured it would be a good thing to share my own testimony of something that I know to be true; Namely the Book of Mormon.

I know that it is the Word of God. That it testifies that Jesus is the Christ. It is a companion to the Bible. They support and uphold one another and they contain the Gospel of Jesus Christ. I know that the Book of Mormon is physical, tangible evidence that Joseph Smith was a prophet of God. Matthew 7: 16-20 helps us understand that it is one of the fruits of Joseph Smith. One of the many testimonies that verifies him to be a prophet. I know that as we read the Book of Mormon, and honestly seek to have answers from God that it is true, that we will come to know that it is true. I know that, as Joseph Smith said, "...[The Book of Mormon] is the most correct of any book on earth, and the keystone of our religion, and a man would get nearer to God by abiding by its precepts, than by any other book." 

God lives. He loves us. And because He loves us He has given us many things to help us in our lives to be able to return to live with Him again. One of those things is the Book of Mormon. Of this I testify, in the name of my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. Amen.

4 comments:

  1. wonderful testimony Todd...I too know that God loves us all so much...its just up to us to show that we love Him by what we do and say. God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved reading your testimony! :) The Book of Mormon has blessed my life too! I feel the spirit and peace when I read it. Whenever I need help or questions ansered, I know I can turn to the Book of Mormon. I know it provides me protection from Satan's temptations. Most of all I love reading about Christ!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a good testimony. I need to tap into that same beliefs and start reading more so I too can understand how it changes lives.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing your testimony. I still remember the day in March, 1966 when the Holy Ghost bore testimony to my soul that these things are true. My testimony has never wavered in the intervening years. It was a joyful surprise to see you in the choir tonight.

    ReplyDelete